Citizen Men’s Watch BY0100-51H Review
This is a rather bold looking watch from Citizen; it has a larger chunky design that really makes it stand out on your wrist. The dial has some really interesting design features; you’ll notice they’ve used an element of depth which draws your eyes in. There are some clever white and red accents that add an interesting hint of colour to the otherwise gray scale dial. As you’d often find in higher end watches, this timepiece uses sapphire glass which gives you some of the best scratch resistance available.
The watch is extremely accurate, as you’d expect from a watch that features atomic timekeeping. This works by synchronizing the watch via radio control with an atomic clock, this is often done daily giving you incredible accuracy. The watch can sync up with 26 cities throughout the world. Another great feature is the use of Eco-Drive technology. This is a fantastic feature that you now find in the majority of Citizen Watches. This Eco-Drive technology allows the watch to power up via light, be in natural or artificial meaning you never require a battery.
Extra features of the watch include a good use of lume, chronograph timekeeping, and a perpetual calendar. The chronograph gives you a stopwatch function up to 60 minutes with a 1/5 second measure. Perpetual calendars are a feature I really like to see in watches, they automatically adjust for the varying amount of days in each month, meaning you no longer have to adjust it yourself like you do with other watches. A 200m water resistance rating appears to be the cherry on the cake making this a highly functional timepiece.
- Band Stainless steel strap, standard length, 24mm width, double push button release style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 44mm and thickness: 14mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of a sapphire, this has a Mohs hardness rating of 9 making it highly resistant to scratches
- Movement Accurate Quartz movement with atomic timekeeping.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 200m / 20 bars.
- Citizen is one of the largest watch brands in the world and is known for their quality timepieces.
- Features atomic timekeeping for extreme accuracy.
- Features Eco-Drive technology, charges using light and never requires a battery.
- 200m water resistance, suitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and skin diving.
- Sapphire glass offers a brilliant level of scratch resistance.
- Power reserve indicator lets you know if you need to charge your watch up.
- Perpetual calendar automatically adjusts the date for the varying amount of days in each month.
- This is a larger watch at 44mm so it may not be suitable for people with smaller wrists.
- There’s a slightly chunky design to the timepiece that some people may not be fond of.